Powered by Blogger.

Edgesync Credentials Not Found For Edge Transport

I got a call on a Saturday from my China counterpart about their Exchange 2007 Edge server losing its connection to the Hub. Actually, I’m not using an Exchange Edge, I got my IronPort/Barracuda taking care of Anti-SPAM and Anti-Virus, so this is the first time I got to deal with an Exchange 2007 Edge server.

I got to reading a few forums and either they were left opened or the solution worked for some people but not everyone. I finally got this server to work by compiling a few threads.

In my case I got the error “Edgesync Credentials Not Found For [Edge Transport Server Name]”

I then proceeded to use the steps from a few websites:

This one kept appearing all over the place and is pretty much on it, except for a couple of steps on my case-


This one includes a script to verify the certificate on AD, which it was of no help to me –


BTW, the missing smiley on the script code is supposed to be “…SearchScope]::Subtree;” I had a tough time figuring that one out L

In the end it was this thread that helped me out –


I kept getting an “LDAP server not found” error. After making sure the certificates were not the same, and that they were created properly, I finally stumbled onto the third website. Then I just simply deleted the certificate, restarted the ADAM service and was good to go.

This are the notes I sent to my friend in China after the sync was successful:
1) Removed the edge subscription from the hub and edge servers
a. Hub: Remove from management console
b. Edge: from powershell -> Remove-EdgeSubscription -> edge
c. Restart transport service on both servers
2) Recreated the Hub certificate
3) Recreated the edge certificate
4) Enabled the certificate on hub for POP, IIS, and SMTP
5) Enabled the certificate on edge for SMTP
6) Deleted the certificate from ADAM service
a. Restarted ADAM service
7) Created the Edge subscription file
a. Edge -> Powershell -> New-EdgeSubscription -FileName "c:\EdgeServerSubscription.xml"
8) Imported the xml file on the Hub for new subscription
9) Ran “Start-EdgeSynchronization” on Powershell of Hub server and got a success

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

J-Initiator on Windows 7 x64 (64-bit)

I gotta admit, I think I spent a good 100 hours trying to figure this one out. I’ve personally have deployed Vista x64 since about 2 years now, and ever since then I’ve been trying to get away from having to use another computer to run Oracle E-Business suite. At first it wasn’t that big of a deal since I didn’t use it much, but recently I’ve been deploying a few Windows 7 x64 machines and have had to use XP-Mode for the users to get this to work.

We’ll I finally figured this out, and while many websites include some good tips on making this work with a different version of J-Initiator, my company is stuck with an old version and so I’m not even able to use those workarounds.

Maris Elsins wrote this blog:

But in his case he was using 1.4.2_11, the JRE for my version of is unavailable from Sun.

Raymond Reid wrote this:

I can get version to work, or at least install on Win 7 x64, but again… not the version we’re using, and Oracle keeps wanting to install version even though I have installed.

Ok, so now to the nitty + gritty. I could just provide you the files, but I’m more of a “teach them to fish” type of guy.

1) Download InstallRite application (the original website seems to have been taken offline, but just search on Google and I’m sure you’ll find some site that has it archived. I believe I downloaded mine from http://www.brothersoft.com/ )

2) Use it to create an install package in a 32-bit Windows XP machine of J-Initiator version

3) Now that you have all the file and registry modifications that have been made, go ahead and extract the new and modified registry settings from the install package (just right-click and extract) I believe it’s a total of 8 files, 4 new and 4 modified registry hives.

4) Now find the files that were created, it should be an Oracle folder under program files.

5) Copy that Oracle folder from the WinXP machine to the Win7 x64 machine, I placed my folder under the “Program Files” folder and not the “Program Files(x86)” folder. Just to keep things easy.

6) Edit the 2 HKEY_Users files by replacing the SID with the one from the registry of the Win7 x64 machine.

7) Edit the 2 HKEY_Local_Machine files by replacing the “SOFTWARE\” word with “SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\”

8) Simply open up notepad and use the Replace… feature for the above two steps.

9) Finally import the reg keys, reboot, and Voila!

10) I got IE 8 and it works fine on my Win7 x64 machine, I can now open up my Oracle apps without having to go through XP-Mode!

A few last notes:

1) You may get an error on one of the reg keys above, but since I got it working and with all the time I have already spent on it, I didn’t want to dig any further into what the cause of it is. Also, I guess I could clean up the reg keys a bit before I imported them, but as I said… it’s working, I don’t want to bother with it anymore.

2) The J-initiator console is not imported with the above steps. I was unable to register the dll file.

3) If you need the console, you may want to try checking out this website, and run another version of J-Initiator:

Just remember about the \SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ part, I haven’t tried it, but maybe it’s worth a look

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS